2013 HOTEL CATEY WINNERS
Front of House Manager of the Year - Sponsored by Brakes
Clarisse Abbey-Blackmore, Crowne Plaza London Docklands
Front of House Team of the Year- Sponsored by Hotelympia
Radisson Blu, Edinburgh
Conference and Banqueting Team of the Year – Sponsored by Reynolds
Hotel du Vin Bristol
Food and Beverage Manager of the Year – Sponsored by Hooper’s
Peter Bradley, The Montague on the Gardens, London
Housekeeper of the Year – Sponsored by Berendsen
David Smith, Park Plaza Riverbank and Plaza on the River, London
Green Hotel of the Year – Sponsored by Heineken UK
The Savoy, London
Hotel Restaurant Manager of the Year – Sponsored by Tchibo Coffee International
Andrew Sicklin, Galvin at Windows, London
Hotel Restaurant Team of the Year – Sponsored by Northfields
The Montague on the Gardens, London
Spa Professional of the Year- Sponsored by Shared Beauty Secrets
Anna Williams, Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel, Stoke Poges
Revenue Award – Sponsored by SKY
Chesterfield Mayfair, London
Hotel Chef of the Year (fewer than 250 covers) – Sponsored by Bunzl Catering & Hospitality Division
Sam Moody, Bath Priory, Bath
Hotel Chef of the Year (more than 250 covers) – Sponsored by PSL The Food Professionals
Ryan Neill, De Vere Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Human Resources Manager of the Year- Sponsored by Just Chefs
Julia Murrell, Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons, Great Milton,Oxfordshire
Human Resources Team of the Year – Sponsored by Citirecruit
Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5
Extra Mile Award- Sponsored by Filmbank
David Mead-Male, Concierge, Royal Crescent Hotel
Hotelier of the Year – Sponsored by Casna Group
Stuart Bowery, General Manager, The Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel
Outstanding Contribution – Sponsored by Diversey
To be awarded the HR Manager of the Year award at the Hotel Catey’s is one of my proudest accomplishments. It is a huge honour to be recognised by the industry and peers I respect and admire.
Sarah Banner, Human Resources Manager, The Cavendish London
We were truly proud to be awarded with such a prestigious industry accolade. The Hotel Catey recognises the commitment and hard work involved in the annual Langstone Hotel takeover project with South Downs College, which continues to go from strength to strength.
Clint Marsh, General Manager, The Langstone Hotel
- It is a huge honour for my work to be recognised by my peers. It's an achievement not only for myself but for every team I have worked with both past and present.
Lesley Skelt, Head Housekeeper, Coworth Park
- Lancaster London is proud to have won the prestigious Green Hotel of the Year award. Our team worked incredibly hard to achieve phenomenal results and all must be congratulated for the hotel’s triumph.
Sally Beck, Hotel Manager, Lancaster London
- I was extremely humbled and honored to receive the 2012 outstanding contribution to the hotel industry catey…, the award was the pinnacle of one of my proudest years to date, having also received an MBE from the queen.
Paul Gayler MBE, Executive Chef de Cuisine & Food Writer, The Lanesborough
- It was such an honour for our team to be acknowledged by our peers, a great accolade for the dedication, support and initiatives we had in 2012.
Lucy Gregory, Rooms Division Manager, Flemings Mayfair
- The vibrancy of Grosvenor House allows me and my team to thrive on a daily basis. Receiving a Hotel Catey Award is an honour and fantastic commendation to the team and certainly one of the most significant commendations in my career to date.
Nigel Boschetti, Executive Chef , Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel
- The restaurant team at The Goring work so hard on attention to detail and to looking after their guests, its lovely that this has been recognized by our peers.
Stuart Geddes, Food and Beverage Manager, The Goring
- Winning the Hotel Cateys was the best recognition that I have received, as this is a truly special prize and recognition from the top personality within the industry. It is gratifying to know that hard work doesn’t go unnoticed.
Michele Caggianese, Restaurant Manager, The Rib Room Bar & Restaurant, Jumeirah Carlton Tower
- Our Hotel Catey H.R team of the year award has really helped us show the hard work that the UK team has put in to deliver a great service to the 1000+ team members they look after.
Sean Wheeler, Area Director of Human Resources, The Dorchester, Coworth Park and 45 Park Lane
- Winning the Hotel Catey award for Spa Professional of the year has been the highlight of my career, particularly the significance this award holds in the industry and continues to reinforce my determination to exceed standards and drive the business forward. This award not only represents my achievements but also that of the team and their efforts in supporting me as well as working together so that we have a successful operation that is continually evolving.
Gemma Hulme, Spa Treatments Manager, Cottons Hotel and Spa