Entries are now open for the industry’s only truly independent benchmark of operational excellence, The Caterer's, Hotel Cateys. These celebrated awards are now in their Eighth year, and each year's awards have been bigger and better than the last. Now is the time to make your nominations and recognise the best in the business.
Since their launch in 2007, the Hotel Cateys have celebrated the most successful hotels, hoteliers and hotel employees across the UK. They were created to recognise and reward those individuals and teams that work tirelessly to make sure their business delivers an exceptional guest experience, day in, day out.
Guests visit a hotel for any number of reasons. But they return thanks to a wonderful welcome, a brilliant breakfast and a great night’s sleep. It falls to hotel professionals to meet customers' needs and keep them, coming back time after time.
Every operation has outstanding achievers – the people these awards are designed to celebrate. Does your front-of-house team ensure guests feel they are at a home from home? Do you have a conference and banqueting team that ensure every event is a roaring success? Or do you have a housekeeper that goes the extra mile to ensure your property looks a million dollars? If so, we want to hear about them. There are 17 main categories this year including the new Concierge Award. We look forward to receiving your entries.
Mark Lewis, Publisher, The Caterer
Entry Deadline Monday 21st July 5.00pm
- I feel very honoured and extremely excited to have been awarded Spa Professional of the Year at this year’s Catey awards. Having worked in the spa industry for 13 years I have always looked up to the Catey awards as the most prestigious in our industry, being judged and awarded by our industry peers.
- We were over the moon to be shortlisted for a Hotel Catey's award but actually winning is just fantastic! The team work hard day in day out to deliver 'Yes I Can' customer service so winning this award is a massive achievement for us and a testament that big, busy, branded hotels also can deliver highly personal and memorable service experiences to their guests.
- I felt extremely humbled to have been nominated for a Hotel Catey and utterly thrilled to have taken the top prize of Front of House manager.
- I was delighted when I was nominated by Philip Newman-Hall, just to receive that level of recognition of being nominated was a proud moment. To go on and be shortlisted and then win the award is definitely the proudest moment of my career. To receive this recognition from the industry I work in and also from my peers, people I have looked up to as role models and tried to learn from.
- I don't think I will ever forget the feeling of emptiness when the ambulance drove away on that horrible September morning. I found myself doubting all that I had done, but two weeks later the thrill of hearing John had survived and remembered who he was, overwhelming. Many people helped John over the weeks that followed and I feel so proud to be recognized by my peers for having gone the extra mile, that will take some beating. On stage at the Catey's, I felt my heart take an extra beat being presented with my award I didn't only feel immense pride for me and my family, but felt an explosion of positive emotions that I know I will not forget for a long time.
David Mead- Male
- To be awarded the 2013 Hotelier of the Year, is an honour and accolade I feel deeply humbled to receive. Such recognition from past winners and luminaries of our industry is a career highlight that I will cherish.
- We are greatly honoured and delighted to receive this prestigious industry award in a category that celebrates achievement in supporting the principles of sustainability. It has only been possible because of the dedication and commitment of our colleagues every day, who are helping us to build a lasting legacy of stewardship, preserving our cultural and natural heritage, so we can achieve positive long-term change.
- Winning this award is truly the highlight of my 20 years in the hospitality profession. I am privileged to have mentored and been mentored by some amazingly talented professionals and to be recognized by my peers within the hotel industry for something I love to do is truly inspirational. This award illustrates the scope for the ‘unsung heroes’ in the industry and I believe encourages young people to join our dynamic profession
- I am absolutely thrilled that the Montague won two awards at this year’s Hotel Cateys: Food and Beverage Manager of the Year and Restaurant Team of the Year. At The Montague, fantastic food and drink is central to the luxury service we provide and the restaurant team work extremely hard to produce outstanding menus and provide memorable service to every guest. Additionally, winning the F&B Manager of the year award is a great achievement, a career highlight and I am delighted to have received this prestigious recognition from my industry peers. We are delighted that the Montague food and beverage department’s hard work and dedicated efforts have been celebrated