Welcome to the 2013 Hotel Cateys
Entries are now open for the industry’s only truly independent benchmark of operational excellence, Caterer and Hotelkeeper’s Hotel Cateys. These celebrated awards are now in their seventh year, and each year's awards have been bigger and better than the last. Now is the time to make your nominations and recognise the best in the business.
Since their launch in 2007, the Hotel Cateys have celebrated the most successful hotels, hoteliers and hotel employees across the UK. They were created to recognise and reward those individuals and teams that work tirelessly to make sure their business delivers an exceptional guest experience, day in, day out.
Guests visit a hotel for any number of reasons. But they return thanks to a wonderful welcome, a brilliant breakfast and a great night’s sleep. It falls to hotel professionals to meet customers' needs and keep them, coming back time after time.
Every operation has outstanding achievers – the people these awards are designed to celebrate. Does your front-of-house team ensure guests feel they are at a home from home? Do you have a conference and banqueting team that ensure every event is a roaring success? Or do you have a housekeeper that goes the extra mile to ensure your property looks a million dollars? If so, we want to hear about them.
Enter now ! Deadline date - Friday 12th July.
We look forward to receiving your entries.
Mark Lewis, Group Editor, Caterer and Hotelkeeper
To be awarded the HR Manager of the Year award at the Hotel Catey’s is one of my proudest accomplishments. It is a huge honour to be recognised by the industry and peers I respect and admire.
Sarah Banner, Human Resources Manager, The Cavendish London
We were truly proud to be awarded with such a prestigious industry accolade. The Hotel Catey recognises the commitment and hard work involved in the annual Langstone Hotel takeover project with South Downs College, which continues to go from strength to strength.
Clint Marsh, General Manager, The Langstone Hotel
- It is a huge honour for my work to be recognised by my peers. It's an achievement not only for myself but for every team I have worked with both past and present.
Lesley Skelt, Head Housekeeper, Coworth Park
- Lancaster London is proud to have won the prestigious Green Hotel of the Year award. Our team worked incredibly hard to achieve phenomenal results and all must be congratulated for the hotel’s triumph.
Sally Beck, Hotel Manager, Lancaster London
- I was extremely humbled and honored to receive the 2012 outstanding contribution to the hotel industry catey…, the award was the pinnacle of one of my proudest years to date, having also received an MBE from the queen.
Paul Gayler MBE, Executive Chef de Cuisine & Food Writer, The Lanesborough
- It was such an honour for our team to be acknowledged by our peers, a great accolade for the dedication, support and initiatives we had in 2012.
Lucy Gregory, Rooms Division Manager, Flemings Mayfair
- The vibrancy of Grosvenor House allows me and my team to thrive on a daily basis. Receiving a Hotel Catey Award is an honour and fantastic commendation to the team and certainly one of the most significant commendations in my career to date.
Nigel Boschetti, Executive Chef , Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel
- The restaurant team at The Goring work so hard on attention to detail and to looking after their guests, its lovely that this has been recognized by our peers.
Stuart Geddes, Food and Beverage Manager, The Goring
- Winning the Hotel Cateys was the best recognition that I have received, as this is a truly special prize and recognition from the top personality within the industry. It is gratifying to know that hard work doesn’t go unnoticed.
Michele Caggianese, Restaurant Manager, The Rib Room Bar & Restaurant, Jumeirah Carlton Tower
- Our Hotel Catey H.R team of the year award has really helped us show the hard work that the UK team has put in to deliver a great service to the 1000+ team members they look after.
Sean Wheeler, Area Director of Human Resources, The Dorchester, Coworth Park and 45 Park Lane
- Winning the Hotel Catey award for Spa Professional of the year has been the highlight of my career, particularly the significance this award holds in the industry and continues to reinforce my determination to exceed standards and drive the business forward. This award not only represents my achievements but also that of the team and their efforts in supporting me as well as working together so that we have a successful operation that is continually evolving.
Gemma Hulme, Spa Treatments Manager, Cottons Hotel and Spa
Countdown to the night: