- Choose the categories you want to enter from the list below
- If you haven't entered before you will be prompted to register. You'll then get a confirmation email with a link you must click before you can complete your entry or book tickets for the event
- Fill in your awards nomination, uploading the relevant supporting material for your entry
- You can come back and edit your entries right up until the final deadline
- You can manage your ticket reservations until a couple of days before the event
Front of House Manager of the Year
This award is open to an individual with Front of House management responsibility ie: reception; reservation; cashier; concierge; doorman; luggage porter.
Front of House Team of the Year
This award is open to a team with front of house responsibility ie: reception; reservations; or concierge; departments.
Conference and Banqueting Team of the Year
Food and Beverage Manager of the Year
Housekeeper of the Year
This award is open to all housekeepers who exemplify first-class cleanliness and hygiene in bedroom preparation in either an independent hotel or group hotel. They will manage a housekeeping team, and must be committed to the efficient running of the housekeeping department.
Sustainable Hotel of the Year
This award will recognise the hotel that has taken the most innovative steps to neutralise its impact on the environment in the past 12 months. The award is open to any hotel, - independent or within a group, regardless of size. Entries can be for a single-unit business or for a group of units. Innovation will be manifested in such initiatives as implementing renewable energy sources; investing in new technology and equipment to minimise water and energy consumption; minimising the amount of waste sent to landfill through recycling initiatives, adopting more biodegradable products, liaising with suppliers to reduce packaging; adopting more energy efficient building designs; promoting seasonal, locally sourced produce to reduce food miles.
Hotel Restaurant Manager of the Year
Hotel Restaurant Team of the Year
This award is open to teams who work in food and wine establishments within a hotel.
Spa Professional of the Year
This award goes to an individual managing a team of therapists and consultants in either an independent hotel or group hotel.
Revenue Manager Award
This award will go to an individual with revenue sales responsibility in the hotel sector.
Hotel Chef of the Year (fewer than 250 covers)
This award is open to a chef running a hotel restaurant or banqueting operation with less than 250 covers in one sitting.
Hotel Chef of the Year (more than 250 covers)
This award is open to a chef running a hotel restaurant or banqueting operation for more than 250 covers in one sitting.
Human Resources Manager of the Year
This award will go to a human resources manager of any level, up to and including directorial level. Entries should explain the contribution the Human Resources Manager has made both to their own team and to the organisation as a whole.
Human Resources Team of the Year
This award will go to a Human Resources team at a single hotel or group of hotels. Entries should explain the contribution the Human Resources team has made both to their own team and to the organisation as a whole.
The winner of the concierge award should have the following qualities: total discretion and integrity, always be highly focused on the requirements of the guests, be able to multi-task, lead a team and engage well with colleagues, be self-motivated, and be a good lateral thinker - so that when one avenue is closed, know where else to go.
The Extra Mile Award
There are no set criteria for this award, which is open to a person or a team, working in any sector of the hotel industry. Going the extra mile could involve anticipating guest needs, helping colleagues or supporting your local community. Please include a supporting statement from colleagues and senior management and, where possible, testimonials.
Outstanding Contribution to the Hotel Industry
There are no formal criteria for this award. This award will go to someone who is likely to have enjoyed success over a prolonged period in the industry and could hail from any part of the hotel business. The winner will have made a significant contribution to the industry over and above their core business. They will command respect from their peers and colleagues alike.
The 2018 Hotelier of the Year
- Total commitment and dedication to the hospitality industry
- Demonstrates fair and decisive leadership skills.
- Excellent communicator.
- Well respected in the industry.
- Exemplary business track record.
- Innovative and creative.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Manages by example.
- Runs well-maintained hotel that consistently surpasses its competitors.
- Consistency of delivery: ensures all guest stays exceed expectations.
- A personal touch with guests.
- Offers value for money.
- Develops and introduces new services to enhance customer experience.
- Focuses on developing employees’ careers and maximising potential.
- Willing to impart knowledge to employees.
- Organises staff surveys and acts on them.
- Empathic and approachable.
- Supports government initiatives to promote hospitality as career of choice and raise standards of training.
- Engages with local community to promote industry
- Supports hospitality organisations and events both personally and with his/her hotel/business resources.
- Social responsibility
- Contributes personally, and with hotel resources, to help charitable initiatives; involves staff in charitable/community events.
- Has well communicated and effective environment policy.